Last Updated: January 27, 2021
Welcome to GalaxShe!
1. Our mission is to facilitate sharing of experiences and insights for women to thrive. The GalaxShe platform offers a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers women to learn from each other and to thrive in this world. Any user can ask a question related to any of the categories mentioned on the GalaxShe Platform. The questions on the GalaxShe Platform can be answered by any user on the platform.
2. Using the GalaxShe Platform
D. Acceptable Use.
(I) In your interaction with others on the GalaxShe Platform, you agree to follow these acceptable use rules at all times:
i. Engage with Others in a respectful and constructive manner – Assume everyone on GalaxShe is here to make the platform a great resource with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and opinions. It is OK to disagree, but please be civil, respectful, and considerate to other users.
ii. No Hate Speech – GalaxShe is a place for civil discourse and does not tolerate content that attacks or disparages an individual or group based on race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic. Any generalizations about these topics should be phrased as neutrally as possible.
iii. No Harassment and Bullying – Abusive behaviour directed towards private individuals is not allowed. Repeated and unwanted contact constitutes a form of harassment. Content should not make threats against others or advocate violence, including self-harm.
iv. Identity and Deceptive Activity – Your GalaxShe profile should use your real name and use accurate and truthful credentials. Do not use GalaxShe to impersonate another person, act as another entity without authorization, or create multiple accounts.
v. Intellectual Property and Personal Rights – Do not post content that infringes any intellectual property or personal right of another party. Writing taken from another source should be properly attributed and block quoted.
vi. No Spam – Do not use GalaxShe to post or attract spam.
vii. No Malicious or Illegal Activity – Do not contribute viruses, malware, and other malicious programs or engage in activity that harms or interferes with the operation of GalaxShe or seeks to circumvent security or authentication measures. Do not use GalaxShe to engage in unlawful or fraudulent activity, or to promote illegal acts.
(II) You agree, covenant and undertake that you shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any data, information, content or message that:
(a) belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, derogatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
(c) harm minors in any way;
(d) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights;
(e) violates any applicable national or international laws, regulations, rules and/or guidelines;
(f) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(g) impersonates another person;
(h) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
(i) threatens the unity, national interest ,integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting to any other nation/country;
(j) is offensive or has menacing character;
(k) causes annoyance, inconvenience, danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred or ill will;
(l) causes annoyance or inconvenience or is intended to deceive or to mislead the addressee or recipient about the origin of such messages.
Violating the Acceptable Use may result in the removal of content, or in the limitation or termination of a user’s access to GalaxShe Platform. This shall be without prejudice to any other rights and remedies we have under law and/or in equity and/or under this Agreement.
G. Changes to the GalaxShe Platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the GalaxShe Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
H. Discouragement of Copyright Infringement. At GalaxShe, we expect our users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. We ask users of GalaxShe to take care to avoid infringing copyrights of others. If you infringe copyrights of others, Your Content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
I. Feedback, Report Complaints and Take Down. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the GalaxShe Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at Contact Us. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or GalaxShe’s policies or terms of including Acceptable Use Rules, you can initiate a report by writing to us at Contact Us or by using our in-product reporting tool. We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavour to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
We are committed to keeping the GalaxShe Platform up to date and accurate. Should you nevertheless encounter anything that is incorrect or out of date, we would appreciate it if you could let us know. Please indicate where on the GalaxShe Platform you read the information. We will then look at this as soon as possible. Please send your response by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
J. Digests. When you sign up for the GalaxShe Platform, the service includes receipt of a digest of questions and answers that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receipt of the digest, and adjust other communication settings, by going to “Email and Notification” settings in your account profile
K. Advertisements. The GalaxShe Platform may include advertisements, which may be targeted to content or information on the GalaxShe Platform, queries made through the GalaxShe Platform, or other information, in an effort to make them relevant to you. The types and extent of advertising by GalaxShe are subject to change. In consideration for GalaxShe granting you access to and use of the GalaxShe Platform, you agree that GalaxShe and its third-party providers and partners may place such advertising on the GalaxShe Platform. You understand and agree that we do not warrant, endorse, vouch, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any services advertised or offered to users on the GalaxShe Platform or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to, or in any way be responsible or liable for monitoring any transaction between you and/or other users and/or third-parties, on or through the GalaxShe Platform. If you wish to become an advertiser, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about providing advertising services on the GalaxShe Platform.
L. Web resources and third-party services. The GalaxShe Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for its contents or any hyperlink contained in such websites. You are requested to verify the accuracy of all information provided on the third-party web pages. Your use of a third party website is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party websites You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources and we shall assume no liability for the same.
3. Your Content
A. Definition of Your Content. The GalaxShe Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and other files and information about yourself to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the GalaxShe Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the GalaxShe Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public. We take no responsibility for and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, support, or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of Your Content. You remain solely responsible for Your Content you post on GalaxShe Platform.
B. Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted below.
C. License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- Once you post an answer to a question, you may edit or delete your answer at any time from public display on https://galaxshe.co/, except in the case of anonymously posted answers. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of https://galaxshe.co/. GalaxShe may remove suspected spam from your answers. Once you post a question, it may be edited or deleted by other users or by GalaxShe at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users.
- You understand that we may also remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
D. Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the GalaxShe Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation, including any laws or regulations requiring disclosure that you have been compensated for Your Content. Because you alone are responsible for Your Content, you may expose yourself to liability if you post or share Content without all necessary rights. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate GalaxShe’s policies, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
4. Our Content
A. Definition of Our Content. All intellectual property in or related to the GalaxShe Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the GalaxShe marks, the GalaxShe logo, but excluding Your Content and the User Content) is the property of GalaxShe (a division of SoaringEagles Learning Private Limited), or its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Our Content”). All posts, texts, photos, videos, links, contents and other files and information and other materials uploaded, published or displayed by other GalaxShe users via the GalaxShe Platform and licensed to us will be referred to collectively as “User Content.”
B. Data. All data GalaxShe collects (“Data”) about use of the GalaxShe Platform by you or others is the property of GalaxShe (a division of SoaringEagles Learning Private Limited), its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and User Content. (Our Content, the User Content and the Data is hereinafter collectively referred to as “The Content”)
C. Our License to You.
- We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive license to use and access The Content, as made available to you on the GalaxShe Platform in connection with your use of the GalaxShe Platform for your own personal, non-commercial, informational or scholarly use, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Your license does not include the right to:
- copy, display, distribute, modify, publish, reproduce, store, transmit, post, translate or create other derivative works from, or sell, rent or license all or any part of The Content or services obtained from the GalaxShe Platform in any medium to anyone, except as otherwise expressly permitted herein;
- modify, prepare derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any part of The Content
- Unless expressly authorized by us, you may not use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to: (i) continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link or index The Content; (ii) harvest personal information from the GalaxShe Platform for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material; or (iii) cause disruption to the working of the GalaxShe Platform or any other person’s use of the GalaxShe Platform.
E. No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the GalaxShe Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the GalaxShe Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the GalaxShe Platform by anyone. You are solely responsible for your own use of the GalaxShe platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
F. Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and the Data remain the property of GalaxShe and the User Content remain the property of GalaxShe’s users. The content, information and services made available on the GalaxShe Platform are protected by international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
- You expressly agree that use of the GalaxShe Platform is at your sole risk. The GalaxShe Platform and The Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We make no warranty whatsoever, including without limitation, that the operation of the GalaxShe Platform will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free; that any defects will be corrected; that the GalaxShe Platform, including the server that makes it available, is free of viruses or other harmful components; or as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, availability, suitability, quality, non-infringement, operation or result obtained from the use of The Content, or service provided on, accessible from or distributed through the GalaxShe Platform. The GalaxShe Platform and The Content included in or accessible from the GalaxShe Platform are provided “as is” and without warranties or representations of any kind (express, implied and statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of title and non-infringement and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose), all of which we disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law. We do not control what our users post, comment, share or say on the GalaxShe Platform and are not responsible for their (or your) actions (whether online or offline). Your use of the GalaxShe Platform and The Content, and services is at your sole risk.
- To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, no responsibility is assumed for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, methods, products or procedures contained in the GalaxShe Platform. We make no warranty as to the results that may be obtained from The Content, and services or that any defects will be corrected. You expressly agree that you have relied on the GalaxShe Platform, The Content, and services completely at your own discretion and risk and you agree that you will be solely responsible for any financial, personal or any other damage of any kind or loss of data that results from the download of The Content, and/or information and/or reliance on the GalaxShe Platform or services offered. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the GalaxShe Platform or the services provided will create any warranty not expressly made herein. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, in no event shall we be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, consequential, special, incidental, indirect, or similar damages, personal injury (including death), loss of profits, corruption or loss of data, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses) arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use or the performance of the GalaxShe Platform or The Content, reliance on The Content and services, errors, inaccuracies, defects, untimeliness, security breaches, information communicated on the GalaxShe Platform. Further, we do not claim ownership, endorse or take responsibility for any third-party products, information, guidelines, materials or services that may be offered, advertised, provided or displayed on the GalaxShe Platform or incorporated in The Content, or services contained on, accessible from or distributed through the GalaxShe Platform.
- We expect you to be responsible for what you post and what you see. If any of our users report your content to be against these Terms of Service, we may take enforcement actions as necessary.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, and our subsidiaries, affiliates and agents and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, liability, cost, demand or expense (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) of any kind arising out of: (i) your access to or use of or inability to use the GalaxShe Platform or The Content, services; (ii) any breach by you of your obligations under this Agreement; (iii) your violation of the rights of any third party, including any infringement of intellectual property, or of any privacy or consumer protection right; (iv) any violation of law or contractual obligation and any claims, demands, notices pursuant to such violation; (v) your negligence or willful misconduct. This obligation will survive the termination of this Agreement.
8. General Terms
- Use Outside of India. GalaxShe expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the GalaxShe Platform complies with all applicable laws and regulations outside of India. If you use the GalaxShe Platform outside of India, you expressly understand and agree that you are responsible for determining compliance with different laws, regulations, or customs that may apply in connection with your use of the GalaxShe Platform.
- Applications and Mobile Devices. If you access the GalaxShe Platform through a GalaxShe application, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and GalaxShe only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access the GalaxShe Platform through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
- Assignment. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
- Electronic Communications. You consent to receive communications from us by email in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically will satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability. This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the GalaxShe Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the GalaxShe Platform (except as to services that require separate written agreement with us, in addition to this Agreement). If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Interpretation. In construing or interpreting the terms of this Agreement: (i) the headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and are not to be considered, and (ii) no presumption is to operate in either party’s favour as a result of its counsel’s role in drafting this Agreement.
- Notices. All notices permitted or required under this Agreement, unless specified otherwise in this Agreement, must be sent in writing as follows in order to be valid: (i) if to you, by us via email to the address associated with your account, and (ii) if to us, by you via email@example.com. Notices will be deemed given (a) if to you, when emailed, and (b) if to us, on receipt by us.
- Relationship. This Agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Waiver. No waiver of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Further Assurances. You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and to take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
Feel free to contact us through Contact Us with any questions about these terms.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below: