The terms “Personal Information” and “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” shall have the meaning ascribed to it under the applicable laws of India.
- We aim to limit our collection of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information to only such data required for legitimate purposes;
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information and also require this from parties that process such data on our behalf;
- We respect your right to access your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what Personal Information we keep of you, please contact us.
(a) The primary purpose of collection of Personal Information set out herein, is to allow you to access the GalaxShe Platform and to use the service and various features provided on the GalaxShe Platform.
(b) The other purposes for which such Personal Information is collected is as follows:
- To contact and communicate with you via phone, message, mail, email, through GalaxShe Platform, webforms or otherwise. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, text message, through the GalaxShe Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
- To register your account, create your profile on the GalaxShe Platform, manage your account or reset your password. Once you create a profile, others will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the GalaxShe Platform, such as the questions and answers you post, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to your content.
- Provide you newsletters and any information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To support the services that you have or want to avail and to notify you about any changes to our services.
- Compiling and analyzing statistics for website improvement.
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies and any of our rights, or the rights of our affiliate companies, or other users of the GalaxShe Platform.
- To administer the GalaxShe Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, fraud-detection, account management, and survey purposes.
- To provide you quick access to your previous searches.
- To verify your identity and for maintaining your account security
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the GalaxShe Platform, to suggest followers and content, to help others find your profile, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise optimise your user experience on GalaxShe Platform
- To display interest-based advertising to you in the GalaxShe Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, to pre-fill forms in ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services
2. Information Collected through the GalaxShe Platform
The types of Personal Information we may collect through the GalaxShe Platform shall include, but not be limited to:
- Contact information and other details for individual and/or business (such as name, birth date, postal address, telephone numbers and email address, etc.);
- Contact information of others to whom you ask us to send information, as permitted by law;
- Professional and Educational Data;
- Preferences or Interests related Data (for e.g., preferences, comments, posts, feedbacks, interests, likes/dislikes, other content you submit)
- Photos & Videos. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website
- Any other information that may be provided through the GalaxShe Platform (including through comments or questions fields, etc.)
3. Sharing with other parties
We disclose your information in the following manner:
(a) People and Accounts that you Share and Communicate With: Your content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the GalaxShe Platform and may also be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share your content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines. Please be careful when disclosing information in these public areas.
(b) Service Providers: We may share personal information with service providers who may be engaged by us to perform the services on our behalf, based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services or comply with applicable legal requirements.
(d) Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
(e) Others: Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them We may also disclose your Personal Information to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process; protect the safety of any person; address fraud or security issues; or protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products & services. We may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts, dispute resolution bodies, regulators, auditors, and any party appointed or requested by applicable regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities.
By using the GalaxShe Platform, you consent to the collection and use of the information you disclose.
4. IP addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the GalaxShe Platform, and to deliver better and more personalised services. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no Personal Information and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no Personal Information and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
7. Third party websites and Embedded content from other websites
9. Accessing and modifying your Personal Information and data
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. Additionally, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to access your Personal Information and data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your Personal Information and data whenever you wish.
- You have the right to revoke the consent you previously provided to us.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your Personal Information and data on legitimate grounds. We will comply with this going forward.
Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person.
10. Automated decision-making
We make decisions on the basis of automated processing with respect to matters that may have (significant) consequences for individuals. These are decisions taken by computer programs or systems without human intervention.
GalaxShe is meant to be a forum for women so we ask you to share your gender when you sign up. We expect you to be truthful about your gender and we may take a decision on your usage based on the information you provide about your gender.
11. Contact details
We have a Grievance Officer to address your concerns regarding data safety, privacy, and the GalaxShe Platform usage concerns. The name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Sonali Sinha | email@example.com